Our primary goal is to create trainings with and for residents in Boston’s public housing so that we will have the knowledge and skills to:
- Strengthen our civic engagement
- Advocate for what our developments need
- Support a culture of learning
- Establish stronger partnerships
- Create mutual accountability with the Boston Housing Authority
- Revitalize communities from the inside
BRTI offers a unique peer-led training model that always puts an experienced public housing tenant leader at the head of the classroom. Each training also includes trainers from partner organizations who provide additional technical assistance. In BRTI trainings, residents are the designers of their own curriculum. Together, resident leaders learn from each other while building a shared experience and language.
Listen to residents share their experiences with BRTI.